The production levels of fish and prawn could be enhanced by certain interventions like rising of bunds, deepening internal canals, screened sluice gates and by water regulation at least during the culture period of six to eight months. Both prawns/fishes can be cultured with regulated inputs. For the purpose of renovation of existing ponds and tanks, West Bengal Government is providing subsidy under National Fisheries Development Board.
- Clear title of the land in the name of the applicant
- If the land is on lease, lease deed for a minimum period of 7 years
- Existing fish/prawn ponds aged 5yrs and above with due justification for renovation.
- Farmers should avail bank loan towards non-subsidy portion of funds required for renovation/inputs. Past performance of the farmer in freshwater aquaculture, including training in the said activity
- Should not be defaulter with any financial institution/Government
- Assurance/ willingness of the farmer for revolving the sale proceeds towards the input costs for subsequent operations Bank’s consent to provide the loan towards non-subsidy portion
- There is no upper limit of area per farmer
- The investment cost for the existing fish/prawn ponds for freshwater aquaculture by renovating/ repairing shall be Rs.75,000/ha.
- Farmers who wish to avail bank loan towards non-subsidy portion of the investment shall be provided the subsidy @ 20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.15, 000/ ha for all farmers and @25% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.18,750/ha for SC/ST farmers.
For More Info: Click Here