The Scientific and intensive aquaculture of trout has to be initiated for development of low volume culture systems in raceways. Therefore to encourage trout farming in low volume culture systems like raceways to enhance production of trout in hill regions, West Bengal Govt. has come up with new scheme under NFDB to provide subsidy in hill districts for trout culture.
- Clear title of the land in the name of the applicant
- If, the land is on lease, lease deed for a minimum period of 7 years is required
- Those who are trained/ willing to be trained
- Should not be defaulter with any financial institution/Government 11
- Assurance/ willingness to revolve the sale proceeds for subsequent operations.
- Bank’s consent to provide loan towards the non-subsidy portion of the investment (or) Declaration of the farmer/entrepreneur for investing on his/her own.
- The Unit cost for construction of raceway unit of size 45 m3 (15mx2mx1.5m) water volume with inlet and outlet facilities has been estimated as Rs.1.0 lakh /unit.
- Farmers/entrepreneurs who availed bank loan or who have invested on their own shall be provided subsidy @20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.20,000/unit for all farmers, except SC/ST farmers for whom the subsidy shall be @25% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.25,000/unit.
- First year inputs:
- The cost of one time first-year inputs for race-way farming of trout in 45 m3 (15m x 2m x 1.5m) water volume has been estimated as Rs.1.30 lakhs /unit.
- Subsidy @20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.26,000/unit for all farmers, except SC/ST farmers for whom the subsidy @25% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.32,500/unit.
For More Info: Click Here