In intensive aquaculture, the inputs constitute almost 60 percent of the total expenditure. To enable the farmer to adopt scientific farming practices and optimize the per hectare yield, it is essential to provide partial support for input costs during the first-year of operation. In this view West Bengal Govt. is providing subsidy on term loan under National Fisheries Development Board.
The financial assistance towards first year input costs shall be available for one time to those farmers, who have availed financial assistance from NFDB for construction / renovation of ponds / paddy fields.
- Finfish culture:
- The unit cost towards one time first-year input costs for fish culture has been estimated as Rs.50,000/ha.
- The subsidy shall be @20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.10,000/ha for all farmers, except SC/ST farmers for whom the subsidy shall be @25% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.12,500/ha.
- New species:
- The unit cost towards one time first-year inputs for culture of new species is given in the table below.
- The farmers/entrepreneurs taking up of new species culture by availing bank loan towards non-subsidy portion of the funds will be preferred. The subsidy shall be @40% of the unit cost for all farmers.
- Prawn culture:
- The unit cost towards one time first-year input costs for prawn culture has been estimated as Rs.1,80,000/ha.
- The subsidy shall be @20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.36,000/ha for all farmers.
- Paddy fields:
- The unit cost towards first year inputs for undertaking aquaculture of prawns/ fishes in paddy fields as an alternate crop is estimated at Rs.0.50 lakhs/ha.
- Those farmers who have availed NFDB subsidy for renovation are eligible for the subsidy @20% of the unit cost.
For More Info: Click Here