- All villages located within 10 km of the international border will be developed on a priority basis with special emphasis on promotion of sports activities and rural tourism.
- Priority will be given to those villages located within 0-10 km from the international border and within that the villages identified by the Border Guarding Forces (BGF) shall get upper-most priority.
- The programme is supplemental in nature and the budget allocation for the financial year 2015-16 is Rs.990 crore.
- The list of schemes permissible under BADP are relating to swatchhta aabhiyan, skill development programmes, promotion of sports activities in border areas, promotion of rural tourism/ border tourism; protection of heritage sites.
- It has been provided that the state governments shall have the monitoring of BADP schemes by the existing district-level monitoring/ vigilance committee where local Members of Parliament and MLAs are represented.
Source: Indian Express