Uttar Pradesh Minor Irrigation Department and private institutions are running a plan named as Heavy Rig Deep Tube well Plan in plateau, deep and difficult areas since 1982. This plan was launched for providing financial assistance to farmers for building tube-wells in such areas.
- All the farmers of the State are eligible to avail the benefits under this scheme.
- Minimum 20 Hectare area must be irrigated from one tube-well built.
- This plan will not be executed in exploited/critical blocks.
- Tube wells would be constructed under the scheme in the regions where shallow boring /tube wells were not built in area of the500 meters in diameter or shallow boring is not possible due to the low underground water level.
- Financial Assistance @50 of facility cast up to maximum limit of Rs. 1 Lakhs.
- Financial Assistance of Rs. 68,000 for electrification of built tube wells.
- If the boring of farmer fails, then 10% of the boring cost or Rs. 1000 whichever is less, will be taken from farmers. The remaining expenses will be borne by the government.
For More Info: Click Here