This Scheme is for giving hope to the senior citizen by taking care of their old age requirements. The main objectives of this scheme are:
- To provide daily required things like hearing and vision testing and supply aids, spectacles and walking aids
- For keeping good physical and mental health in “day care centre”.
- All citizens of the state having age 60 or above who are residents of Goa from the last 15 years.
- Their income shall not exceed to Rs. 60,000 per annum.
Establishment of Day Care Centres “Ummid”:
Government shall provide financial assistance to the local self-Government for establishment of Day Care Centre. Initially day care centres shall start in the Municipal Area and in the Village Panchayat having its 11 Members.
Self-Government is required to provide accommodation having minimum 2 rooms having area of 25 Sq. Metres. Area on ground floor with facility of toilet and bathroom. Preference will be given near the Library. There should be one full time attendant for 10 enrolled members. Rooms should have proper ventilation, electricity and drinking water facility.
The following grants will be provided by the state government:
- One-time Installation Grants:
- 10,000 for Purchase of TV/Radio.
- 20,000 for Furniture Grants.
- Regular Grants Per Annum:
- 30,000 for Salary of attendant
- 5,000 for Newspapers/Periodicals
- 6,000 for Electricity and Water Supply Charges.
- 3,600 for Telephone Charges
- 18,000 for Sweeping/Cleaning.
- 5,000 for Miscellaneous Charges.
- 36,000 for providing them light refreshment.
- 6000 for Rent of the Premises.
- Free hearing and vision testing and supply aids, spectacles and walking aids will be provided.
- Free health check-up on 1st and 16th of the month will be provided.
For More Info: Click Here