We often came with the news that women in particular region were treated badly, mentally traumatized and uncountable ill treated cases. This scheme is meant to provide temporary accommodation, maintenance and rehabilitative services to those women and girls. Another scheme with the similar objectives namely Swadhar –A Scheme for Women in Difficult Circumstances was launched. The scheme through the provisions of shelter, food, clothing, counseling, training, clinical and legal aid aims to rehabilitate such women in difficult circumstance.
- To provide primary need of shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment and care of the women in distress.
- To regain their emotional strength that gets hampered due to their encounter with unfortunate circumstances.
- To provide legal aid and guidance for their readjustment in family/society.
- To rehabilitate them economically and emotionally.
Eligible criteria for women and girls:
- Women age should be above 18 years of age.
- Women who are –
- Deserted and are without any social and economic support.
- Survivors of natural disasters who have been rendered homeless.
- Women prisoners released from jail and are without family.
- Women victims of domestic violence, family tension or discord.
Implementing agency eligibility:
- State Government’s Women Development Corporations established by the State Governments
- Central or State autonomous bodies.
- Municipal Bodies
- Cantonment Boards
- Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Departments of Women and Child Development/Social Welfare of the state
- Public Trusts
- Civil Society Organizations such as NGOs etc.
- Rehabilitation benefits will be provided to women and child.
- The Central government will provide 100% funding to State Government.
- Government shall grant assistance for construction of rooms/cottages/ huts for the shelter of the residents and common facilities like kitchen, bathroom, training hall, recreation room, dining hall office room etc.
- The grant shall be subject to a ceiling of Rs.1, 33,000/- per resident.
- Financial Assistance will be provided to each implementing agency, NGO’s for construction of Swadhar Greh.
For application form : Click Here
For more Info: Click Here
To download our app: Click Here