State Government of Goa has launched this scheme for development of poultry farms in the state. Due to self-sustainable nature of poultry farms, they are highly encouraged among the people. The key features of this scheme are enlisted below:
- To encourage farmer to go in for poultry production & increase poultry meat and egg production in the state.
- Any category of farmer.
Pattern of Assistance:
The subsidy will be 25% of the cost of the Poultry Unit set up, limited to Rs. 15,000/-. This subsidy will be released only on completion of the proposed poultry unit and submission of final utilization certificate from the Area Veterinary Doctor and Bank Manager.
- Approach the Government Veterinary /Doctor of the respective area for Application Form, which should be duly filled in and submit to the same Officer for onward transmission to the Director along with Officer’s recommendation.
- The application will be scrutinized by the Directorate and then referred to the Financial Institutions indicated by the applicant, in this case loan is must and the same can be availed only from Bank and not Credit Societies.
- The applicant has to arrange for the loan from the Bank
- After obtaining the loan the applicant can start with the cons after obtaining all the Licenses/N.O.C from, Gram Panchayat/Municipality and Health Department, or any other relevant authorities.
- Once the project is completed a commissioned the utilization Certificate may be obtained from the Veterinary Officer and Bank Manager.
- The Bank will then claim the subsidy from the Department by forwarding the application submitted by the beneficiary, together with purchase statement, purchase receipts, utilization certificate, Insurance documents, Agreement Bond duly signed by the beneficiary and two witnesses signed in presence of area Veterinary Doctor.
- The beneficiary can purchase either 500 days old broilers or 1000 days layer chicks
- The units are to be run for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- The beneficiary should make his own arrangements to market the produce.
For More Info: Click Here