Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science.
- ┬áTo identify students with talent and aptitude for research.
- ┬áHelp them realize their academic potential.
- ┬áEncourage them to take up research careers in Science.
- Stream SA:Students enrolled in XI Standard during the academic year 2016-17 and having secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Board.
- Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard during the academic year 2016ΓÇô17 and provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard and a minimum of ┬á60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE in XII board.
- Stream SB: Students enrolled in the 1st year of undergraduate program in Basic sciences during the academic year 2016ΓÇô17 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects in XII Board. In the 1st year final examination they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
- Aptitude Test:┬áAfter scrutiny of application forms and meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, all eligible students will be called for┬á aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country.
Admit Card: Students┬á may download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website.
- Interview:┬áBased on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
|┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á Basic Sciences┬á||┬á Monthly Fellowship||┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬áAnnual ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬áContingency┬áGrant|
|SA/SX/SB┬á┬á- during 1st to 3rd years of┬á–┬áB.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á Rs. 5000||┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬áRs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB┬á┬á- during┬á M. Sc. / 4th to 5th┬á years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬áRs. 7000||┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á ┬á Rs. 28000|
- The student is eligible to receive the KVPY Fellowship up to pre-PhD level or 5 years whichever is earlier.
- Summer program is an important part of the nurture program for the KVPY Fellows.
- Each KVPY Fellow will be issued an Identity Card so as to have access to National Laboratories/ Universities who have agreed to extend special privileges like┬álibrary, laboratory facilities, etc. to KVPY Fellows on production of the ID card.
How to Apply
- Application for KVPY-2016 must be done online only.
- There are three steps to complete your application successfully;
- Step┬á 1.┬á Registration.
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centre and uploading photo, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Step 3.┬á Payment of application fees.
For more info: Click Here
To Download our App:┬áClick Here