The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science.
- To identify students with talent and aptitude for research.
- Help them realize their academic potential.
- Encourage them to take up research careers in Science.
- Stream SA:Students enrolled in XI Standard during the academic year 2016-17 and having secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Board.
- Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard during the academic year 2016–17 and provided they have secured a minimum of 80% (70% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard and a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE in XII board.
- Stream SB: Students enrolled in the 1st year of undergraduate program in Basic sciences during the academic year 2016–17 and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in SCIENCE subjects in XII Board. In the 1st year final examination they must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship, if awarded.
- Aptitude Test: After scrutiny of application forms and meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, all eligible students will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country.
Admit Card: Students may download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website.
- Interview: Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB – during 1st to 3rd years of – B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
- The student is eligible to receive the KVPY Fellowship up to pre-PhD level or 5 years whichever is earlier.
- Summer program is an important part of the nurture program for the KVPY Fellows.
- Each KVPY Fellow will be issued an Identity Card so as to have access to National Laboratories/ Universities who have agreed to extend special privileges like library, laboratory facilities, etc. to KVPY Fellows on production of the ID card.
How to Apply
- Application for KVPY-2016 must be done online only.
- There are three steps to complete your application successfully;
- Step 1. Registration.
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centre and uploading photo, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Step 3. Payment of application fees.
For more info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here