The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) is the nodal Ministry in the Government of India to take care of the development of sports and games in the country. The Ministry is operating various schemes to achieve broad-basing of sports and excellence in sports. The ‘Scheme relating to Talent Search and Training’ is one such endeavor, providing financial assistance for training of promising sports-persons and their participation in major international competitions. The Scheme also extends financial assistance for training and short-term courses (up to one year) for coaches and sports specialists; in addition, sports specialists are sponsored for attending seminars/conferences at international level; assistance has also been extended for holding coaching camps/seminars/conferences within the country.
The scheme aims at
- Awarding Fellowships for specialized studies at Master’s and Doctoral level in specific disciplines relevant to sports and games;
- Encouraging professionals in the field of sports to exchange ideas and enhance knowledge and skills through participation in Seminars, Workshops and conferences overseas and provide support for such seminars, conferences and workshops in the country;
- Providing assistance to Match Officials for appearing in qualifying examinations; also providing assistance to Match Officials, Coaches and other Support Personnel for training/courses which help them improve their professional competence in their relevant areas of specialization;
- Providing financial assistance for Research projects relevant to sports and games; and
- Providing financial assistance for publication of works of high quality, directly relevant to sports and games
The Fellowship will be offered for advanced/specialized Master’s level courses/ specialized short duration courses and Doctoral programmes in the following nine disciplines.
- Sports Nutrition
- Exercise Physiology
- Sports Psychology
- General Theory & Method of Training (GTMT)
- Sports Medicine
The duration of these courses will normally be 1 – 2 years for Master’s level courses and 2 – 4 years for Doctoral programmes.
A list of selected Institutions for each of the above mentioned courses will be released by MYAS. This list will be subject to annual review by the MYAS.
The candidate should:
- Be an Indian national currently based in India (PIO/ OCI not eligible)
- Not be more than: 40 years of age for Master’s level course; and 45 years of age for Doctoral programme
- Birth Certificate or Secondary School Certificate indicating the date of birth
- Possess an admission or offer letter from the Institutions shortlisted by the Department for Fellowship with a break-up of the fee structure for the entire course
- Obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from his or her employer in the event the candidate is employed at the time of application
- Execute a surety bond with the Department on a Rs 100 non-judicial stamp paper, to work on contractual basis, if offered, with the Sports Authority of India or a designated organization/ Institute for a period of three years
The quantum of financial assistance would cover the following subject to maximum of Rs.5 lakhs annually.
- Tuition fee to the extent of specified duration of the Master’s level course or Doctoral programme; and
- Examination fee as charged by the Institution (if separate from tuition fee) to the extent of normal duration of the Master’s level course or Doctoral programme
- Living/maintenance allowance including local travel cost and accommodation depending on the location of the Institution as declared by the Department of Sports from time to time;
- Allowance for Books/Equipment/Apparatus – Actual subject to maximum USD 500 in a year;
- International travel cost for one time return travel per year (economy class);
- Visa fee; and
- Medical Insurance
For More Information: Click Here