Government of India is committed to accord high priority to water conservation and its management. To this effect Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) has been formulated with the vision of extending the coverage of irrigation ‘Har Khet ko pani’ and improving water use efficiency ‘More crop per drop’.
Restore the ecological balance by harnessing, conserving and developing degraded natural resources such as soil, vegetative cover and water.
- Setting up of Dedicated Institutions with multi-disciplinary experts at State level .
- Cluster Approach in selection and preparation of projects: Average size of project – about 5,000 hectare.
- Enhanced Cost Norms from Rs. 6000 per ha. to Rs.12,000/ha. in plains; Rs.15,000/ ha in difficult or hilly areas.
- Release of central assistance in three installments (20%, 50% & 30%) instead of five installments.
- Flexibility in the project period i.e. 4 to 7 years
- Scientific planning of the projects by using IT, remote sensing techniques, GIS facilities for planning and monitoring & evaluation.
- Introduction of new livelihood component with earmarking of project fund under Watershed Projects i.e. 9% of project fund for livelihoods for asset less people and 10% for production system & micro-enterprises .
- Delegation of power of sanction of projects to States.
For More Info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here