Name of the scheme: Performing Arts Grants Scheme
Purpose: The main purpose is to provide financial assistance to dramatic groups, theatre groups, music ensembles, children theatre, solo artists and for all genres of performing arts activities.
Scope of the grant:
- Grants or subsidies to be given for production under this scheme will be on the basis of approved projects or programmes and will be ad-hoc in character. The projects selected for financial assistance under this scheme shall normally be of the duration not exceeding one year.
- The amount of Grant will be sufficient to cover all items of expenditure included in the approved projects/programmes selected for assistance in a particular year.
- Amongst the items which may be treated as approved items for purpose of grant will be salary remuneration to artists including casual artists at prevalent rates, cost of productions/performance, rental for halls of rehearsals, cost of costumes, transport contingencies, research expenditure etc.
- The Group ensembles to be assisted for Repertory Grant will be expected to have a repertoire of adequate number and quality and should have given performances on an all India basis.
- Those grantees who are getting Repertory Grant, would be recommended for renewal of Salary Grant only when they stage at least two productions during the financial year. Out of this at least one production must be a new production i.e. which has not been staged earlier.
- The Repertory Grant will be reviewed annually by the Expert Committee set up for the purpose.
- In case of Salary Grant, physical verification would be compulsory for continuation of grants after 4th year.
Amount of the grant:
- Salary grant will be given to a maximum number of 25 artistes and one guru/master as decided by the Expert Committee.
- Assistance for each artiste /Guru will be as given below:
- Artiste: Rs. 6,000/- per month.
- One Guru/Director: Rs. 10,000/- per month.
- A maximum of Rs. 5 lakh per year would be given to the Organization/Individual depending upon the project.
- However, in case of larger Productions, meeting specific requirements in tune with the scheme, the upper limit of grant could be relaxed with approval of Hon’ble Minister.
Documents to be submitted:
- Photocopy of the Registration Certificate & Memorandum of Association.
- Income Tax Assessment order.
- Last three year’s receipts and payment account and balance sheet with auditor’s certificate.
- Photocopy of Utilization Certificate for previous year’s grant.
- Complete details of artiste’s name, guru/director’s name, cost of rehearsals, cost of costumes, cost of transportation, cost of research, cost of scripting, cost of staging, etc.
- Press reviews, press advertisements, souvenir’s copies of tickets etc. of the production of the previous years.
How to apply?
Click here to know more