This scheme is offered by IRCTC in partnership with with ICICI Lombard General Insurance, Royal Sundaram and Shriram General.
- The scheme will offer travellers and their families a compensation of up to Rs 10 lakh in the event of death or permanent total disability.
- Rs 7.5 lakh for permanent partial disability.
- Up to Rs 2 lakh for hospitalisation expenses.
- Rs 10,000 for transportation of mortal remains in the event of death or injury from a train accident or other ‘untoward incident’ including terrorist attacks, dacoity, rioting, shoot-out or arson, as well as for short termination, diverted route and Vikalp trains.
- The scheme is applicable only for Indian Citizens who book their e-ticket through NGET Web Application only.
- The scheme is optional, however if the option is exercised it will be compulsory for all passengers booked under one PNR number.
- Incase of death 100% of the Sum Insured stated in the Schedule applicable to such Insured is payable.
- In case of Permanent total disability 100% of the Sum Insured stated in the Schedule applicable to such Insured is payable.
- In case of Permanent partial disability 75% of the Sum Insured stated in the Schedule, applicable to such Insured is payable.
- Hospitalisation Expenses for Injury.
- Transportation of mortal remains.
How to Apply
A person who books ticket through IRCTC website gets the option of travel insurance cover.
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here.