Department of Fisherman Welfare and Fisheries Development under Madhya Pradesh Government has announced a new scheme for welfare of poor fishermen to provide them economic support through the cooperative banks.
To provide a short term loan to fishermen involved in the business of fisheries, fish seed production & fishing in reservoirs of federation.
Eligibility of Beneficiaries:
- According to the new policy of state fisheries, various fish farmers who are lease holder of irrigation reservoirs and rural ponds provided with Patte under three tier panchayats, Matsydyog cooperatives, self help group members, who works for fish seed promotion in seasonal ponds and fishermen having business of fishing in reservoirs categorised under federation are eligible for this scheme.
- Lease Holder should be living below poverty line, in the fishery business under the technical guidance of department and is not the bank defaulter.
- Eligible fisherman has to contact and submit his application to Assistant Fisheries Officer, Fisheries Inspector posted at Tehsil level and Assistant Director, Matsydyog of the concerned district.
- Offer for selected beneficiaries will be designed by District Officer and shall be sent to cooperative banks for making credit cards. Interest subsidy distinction shall be made available to District Cooperative Central Bank Limited by MP State Cooperative Bank Limited, Bhopal.
- District Cooperative Central Bank through branches shall adjust the interest subsidy in the accounts of the fish farmers.
Zero ‘0’ per cent interest rates on short term loans for working capital through banks for the following schemes are provided:
- Departmental Plan:
|1.||In rural ponds for fishing||Rs. 18,300 per hectare|
|2.||Fishing in ponds for irrigation||Rs. 2000 per hectare|
|3.||Promoting seasonal spawn in ponds for fish seed production||Rs. 23000 per 0.25 hectare|
- Federation Plan:
|1.||Purchasing boat for fishing in federation reservoirs||Rs. 10,000 per head|
|2.||For 10 kg net||Rs 5,000 per ha. (1 year ago) Rs 5000 / -per person (once in 1 year)|
|3.||Promoting seasonal spawn in ponds for fish seed production||Rs. 23,000 per 0.25 hectare|
For more information: Click here