Name of the scheme: Medini Puraskar Yojana
Purpose: The purpose of the scheme is to promote original authorship on books concerning Environment in Hindi by conferring recognition to the Indian authors who bring out original Hindi books.
Subjects relating to Environment, identified for the purpose are given below:
- Pollution control.
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Ecological regeneration and Development.
- Forest Resources and Development.
- Research promotion
- Environmental Education.
- Conservation of Nature and Biosphere Reserve.
Amount of award:
Every calendar year awards will be given as under:
|First Prize||Rs. 31,000/|
|Second Prize||Rs. 25,000/-|
|Third Prize||Rs. 20,000/-|
|Consolation Prize||Rs. 15,000/-|
Salient feature of the scheme:
- The scheme will be administered by the Ministry of Environment and Forests.
- The scheme will be made operational for each calendar year. Eligible original published works in Hindi during the previous three year; will be considered, provided it contains at least 100 printed pages.
- The book submitted during the calendar year will be assessed by Evaluation Committee set up by the Ministry of Environment and Forests. The final decision will rest with the Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests.
- Any book which has receive any award, subsidy or any other special assistance under any scheme operated by the Govt. of India, any State Government or Private body would not be eligible for consideration of an award under the scheme.
- No author will be awarded more than one prize for one calendar year.
- The book selected will be recommended for bulk purchase in Ministry of Environment & Forests and its offices on a need basis.
- The author, whose books have been awarded during the previous three years are not eligible to participate.
- The books received under the scheme will not be returned.
For more information, visit here