- An investment of USD 120 billion will be made in next five years in the cash-strapped railways which is in the process of upgradation and expansion.
- Requiring huge resources, the government has already decided to allow FDI in certain segments of the railways, like coach manufacturing, station development, suburban rail and high speed network.
- The malaise of ticketless travelling in trains which is a major problem that causes substantial losses to the national transporter, mostly in local and suburban trains.
- Youngsters have been told to find solution to this problem. In order to encourage innovative solutions, Railways will announce awards for the best idea put forward.
- Railways will come out with a new website to promote technology solution in Rail services.