The IT & ITeS sector has also been a major contributor to the Service Sector of the Indian Economy. The trend is expected to grow provided the Government provides an enabling atmosphere for the Private Sectors to innovate, sustain and grow. Manipur’s new IT Policy-2015 is planned to lay the foundation of development encompassing a broader extent of disciplines, a wider domain of opportunities and more citizen inclusiveness.
- To increase the current investment in IT/ITeS sector to a minimum turnover of Rs. 20 Cr. in the next 5 years.
- To increase the turnover up of 3 local companies to enhance their capacity of employment to a minimum of 75 employees in the next 5 years.
- To initiate IT service from the State to be leveraged on the national/ international circuit.
- To promote and develop employment opportunities in the IT and ITeS and provide direct and indirect employment to 50 thousand employees within the State in the next 5 years.
- To focus, inter alia, on Financial Services, Mobile Applications, Animation, Health Services, Education Material & Digital Entertainment.
- All the MSME IT & ITeS Industry.
IT Enabled Services (ITeS) will include the following:
- Call Centres
- Medical Transcriptions & Tele-Medicines Back Office Operation/Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)/ Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO)/ Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO) Revenue Accounting and other ancillary operations Geographic Information System
- Insurance claim Processing
- Web/Digital Content Development
- Digitization / Document Archiving activities
- Financial and Accounting Processing
- HR & Payroll Processing Bioinformatics
- IT enabled banking, non-banking services including insurance, pension, Asset Management and market related services. Depository and Security registration and dematerialization services
- A special package of incentive to the tune of 5% will be offered for Mega IT/ITeS Projects. This package will be available a1er the 2nd year of operaon to a maximum of 2 Mega Projects.
- IT/ITeS units which intend to establish/expand will qualify for 100% reimbursement of Stamp Duty and Registration Fee on sale/lease/transfer of land at the IT-SEZ for the first transaction and 50% reimbursement subsequently.
- Performance based subsidy to partially offset Lease rentals for the plug-and-play built up work place located in IT parks to the extent possible will be provided for.
- Eligible IT/ITES units, after coming into commercial operation will be entitled to suitable exemption on Electricity at Industrial Tariff.
Interest Subsidy for IT/ITeS MSMEs for a period of 5 years Eligible units will be entitled to avail interest subsidy as under:-
- @ 7% (on total Project Value) for micro enterprises with a ceiling of Rs. 5 lakhs per annum for a maximum of 10 units based on parameters of business plan, sustainability plan, exisng turnover, growth of employment and realized social benefit.
- @ 5% (on total Project Value) for small and medium enterprises with a ceiling of Rs. 10 lakhs per annum for a maximum of 5 units based on the aforesaid parameters.
- 1% (on total Project Value) additional interest subsidy to the youth less than 35 years of age in case of first project or to SC/ST/Women/Differently- abled persons with a ceiling of Rs. 10 lakhs per annum for a maximum of 5 units on a merit basis.
For More Details: Click Here