- Another proposal by IIT Joint Admission Board (JAB) to increase the quota of students appearing for JEE (Advanced) from 1.5 lakh to 2 lakh has been approved.
- The minister insisted that the interests of socially and economically weaker sections should be protected at all costs.
- The council has also approved a new plan, PAL, under which weaker students will be mentored so that they can adjust into the IIT system easily.
- It has also decided to set up a committee to look into admissions for foreign students in IITs.
- The IIT joint admission board’s (JAB) proposal to increase the quota of students appearing for JEE (Advanced) from 1.5 lakh to 2 lakh too has received the council’s consent.