The Health Minister’s Cancer Patient Fund (HMCPF) within the Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi (RAN)” has set up in 2009.
In order to utilize the Health Minister’s Cancer Patient Fund, the Revolving Fund as under RAN, has been established in 27 Regional Cancer Centres (RCCs) that would ensure and speed up financial assistance to needy patients.
- The financial assistance to a Cancer Patient up to Rs. 2.00 lakh only would be processed by the RCC concerned.
- Individual cases, which require assistance of more than Rs. 2.00 lakh is to be sent to the Ministry for processing.
- Funds upto Rs. 50 lakhs will be placed at RCCs’ disposal.
Beneficiaries: Patients suffering from cancer and living below poverty line.
Nodal Agency: Regional Cancer Centres (RCCs)
How to avail Benefits: To avail financial assistance under HMCPF, the patient is required to submit:
- Application form in prescribed pro forma duly signed by the treating doctor and countersigned by the Medical Superintendent of the Government hospital/institute/Regional Cancer Centre.
- Copy of the income certificate.
- Copy of the ration card.
- Revolving Funds have been set up in 27 RCCs and funds upto 50 lakhs are placed at their disposal for providing treatment upto Rs. 2 lakh in each case.
For more Details: Click Here