From the birthday of Lokmanya Shree Jai Prakash Narayan in 2001, Government of Gujarat has started conducting Gram Sabha under the guidance of Honourable Chief Minister. This has been undertaken as movement of people empowerment and people participation.
- People empowerment
- Platform providing training in healthy democracy
- Opportunities for poor and women to represent.
- Opportunity for harmonious relation a many officials and employs.
- People participation.
- Direct social audit by the people on working of government/panchayat.
Points to be discussed in Gram Sabha:
- Review and discussion of developmental works undertaken by the panchayats department.
- Information on various programs/schemes and review of work.
- Discussion and solution of the problems of the development of village and individual problems.
- Discussion and review of presence and work of field employers.
- Selection of beneficiaries under various schemes.
- Review of eight schemes in view of judgment of home supreme court on starvation and malnutrition.
- Information to the people on the provision on free legal aid.
- Review of recovery of tax and assessment work.
- Reading of new entries in village from No.6. of R.O.R.
- Discussion on encroachment on ‘Gauchar’, village site and roads etc.
For More Info: Click Here