The main objectives of the scheme is:
- To help the farmers to get financial assistance for the purchase of Cross Breed Cows and Improved She Buffaloes for his Dairy Unit.
- To promote self-employment in the Dairy Sector.
- To boost the milk production in the State and to make state self-sufficient.
- To strengthen the Dairy Co-operative movement in the State.
- To ensure sustainability and provide improved income and livelihood.
- To also encourage the schedule tribe and schedule caste communities.
- To create employment in the State.
- Any person residing in Goa for at least 15 years or more
- Knowledge or experience in Cattle or Buffaloes farming.
- Land for green fodder cultivation desirable.
- Farmer who had availed the purchase of animals under the earlier Kamdhenu Scheme.
- Applicant should necessarily have a Cattle shed to undertake the scheme.
- Unit cost of Cross Bred Cow/Improved She Buffalo shall be limited to Rs. 60,000/- per animal expected to yield 2700 litres of milk per lactation for the purpose of release of subsidy.
- Subsidy on the cost of the animal shall be as follows:
Number of Animals
1 to 5 (Grade A)
|45,000||75 %||54,000||90 %|
|6 to 10 (Grade B)||37,500||62.5 %||54,000||
11 to 20 (Grade C)
|30,000||50 %||45,000||75 %|
|21 and Above (Grade D)||24,000||40 %||30,000||
- Incentives for transportation of the animals:
- Rs. 1500/- per animal for the purchase made outside the State
- Rs. 600/- per animal for the purchase made at cattle melas organized by the Department
- Animals purchased under the Scheme should be insured for minimum period of a 3 years under the Comprehensive Insurance Policy with Bajaj Allianz Cattle Insurance Policy.
- The animals purchased under the Scheme cannot be disposed-off for a minimum period of 3 years.
For More Info: Click Here