This scheme has been designed to promote Goan publishers to provide them with financial support for publication of books. The key features are enlisted below:
The objective of the schemes are as follows:
- To support Goan Publishers, by providing them opportunity and encourage them in publishing the books.
- To give financial support to Goan publishers for publishing the books.
- Any Goan publisher is eligible for the scheme provided the writer of the book is Goan.
- Applicant should have substantial experience in publication.
- Publisher should publish minimum 500 copies of the book for which he wants to avail the financial assistance.
- The book could be published by author himself or published by any other publishing unit.
- No anthology/compilation shall be considered.
- The book should contain 100% originality, works of translation will not be considered.
- No grants should be given for printing of second edition.
- The printing and paper of the book should be good quality & standard.
- Person who has lived in Goa for minimum 10 years of his creative lifespan, will be treated as Goan for the purpose of this scheme.
- The financial assistance will be given to the author if he is self-publisher of the book or else assistance will be given to the publisher provided he submits the NOC of the writer. And If the author is applying for the book published by any other publisher, then NOC from the publisher should be produced at the time of submitting the application of this scheme.
Under this scheme up to 300 books will be purchased, subject to the condition of total amount should not exceed Rs. 50,000/-. Publisher shall give minimum 15% discount on the price of the book.
Valid till: 31st March 2021
For More Info: Click Here