In order to financially aid the Project Affected Families (PAF) as well as Project Affected Persons (PAP), the state government of Himachal Pradesh provides a Scheme for Providing Assistance to Project Affected Families for Self Employment.
The basic agenda of this scheme is to-
- Assist families those were previously self-employed but due to HPPCL (Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Limited) projects whose occupation or income has been adversely affected.
- Provide assistance for alternative employment including self-employment to PFs and PAPs.
- Motivate and assist the families for starting their own business as well as providing employment to others.
The 2 aspects of this scheme are-
- Orientation and Training
- Setting up and running the micro enterprise/business venture
- To set up micro enterprises/business units, a beneficiary is eligible for a financial assistance of ₹ 50,000/-.
- In case of a partnership firm or business venture, the financial assistance gets multiplied according to the beneficiaries. For e.g.- if a joint application consists of 4 applicant, then each one of them will receive an assistance of ₹ 50,000/-. So, it comes as ₹ 2 lakh assistance (4x ₹ 50,000)= ₹ 2 lakh.
- Usually, this assistance is given in 3 to 4 installments but, in exceptional cases, it is given in 1 or 2 installments.
- Generally, the given subsidy is not more than 25% of the total project cost.
- Apart from the basic fiscal incentive of ₹ 50,000/-, cost of training as well as workshops, seminars or training camps related travel expenses etc are also provided in addition by HPPCL.
- A beneficiary has to be from a PAF.
- Should be of 18 years of age.
- No family member of the beneficiary should be a regular employee of HPPCL.
- The beneficiary should be recommended by the head of his/her family.
- The assistance is provided for only once to one member per household.
- Should possess minimum suitable qualification to run the business venture.
How to avail?
You can get the Application Form from the project site office/Public Information Centre (PIC)/R&R Corporate Office.
For more information visit HPPCL website