The Digital India programme is a flagship programme of the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. With the penetration of internet and its availability on wide range of devices, delivery of information and services to the citizen across the country becomes critical. Today, almost every Government department is trying to leverage upon the benefits of ICT to provide better services to the common citizen.
Digital India Awards will be conferred by the Honourable Union minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad on 19th Dec, 2016 at Plenary Hall, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Digital India aims to prepare India for a knowledge future. It is envisaged to transform India into digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
- The Digital India vision provides intensified impetus for further momentum and progress for e-Governance and would promote inclusive growth that covers electronic services, products, devices, manufacturing and job opportunities.
- To efficiently deliver information and services to the citizen, National Portal ‘india.gov.in’ acts as a gateway to government websites at all levels.
- The portal has been designed & developed by National Informatics Centre, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India as a Mission Mode Project.
- It provides single window access to information and services being offered by different entities of the Indian Government.
- National Portal provides a unified interface to over 8000 Indian Government websites and acts as a logical front-end to e-Governance initiatives.
Categories of Digital India Awards
1) Good for India
To recognize the initiatives taken by stakeholders towards the accomplishment of the Digital India Dream. This includes initiatives which have the potential to bring in a technology based transformation and revolution to the country.
- Digital innovation in Smart City Solutions
- Digital innovation in E-governance Solutions
- Digital innovation in E-education learning Solutions
- Digital innovation in E-healthcare Solutions
- Digital innovation in Skills & Employment Solutions
- Innovation in Digital Energy Solutions
- Innovation Digital Environment Solutions
- Innovation in Agricultural Solutions
2) Good for Organizations
To recognize organizations that have taken the first move towards Digital India by successfully using Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) in integrating people, processes and data to achieve business transformation and growth.
- Digital Enterprise – Manufacturing
- Digital Enterprise – Services
- Digital Start-up Innovators
- Digital Social Innovation
For More Info: Click Here.
For Updates Download our App: Click Here