- The much-delayed Delhi-Jaipur Expressway would be completed by June, Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari said today.
- Centre is ready to build four bypasses by December for important towns if Rajasthan government offers land.
- Out of 57 structures to be completed which include flyovers, vehicle underpasses and pedestrian underpasses, 46 have already been completed while seven more will be done by the end of June this year .
- Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, who met Gadkari , sought the former’s intervention in improving the condition of the crucial highway linking the national capital to the pink city.
- Highway is important for business, tourism and cargo and is the lifeline of Jaipur .
- The vital road caters to six of its Assembly constituencies – Kotputli, Bansur, Viratnagar, Shahpura, Amer and Jamva Ramgarh.