India under Modi saw a host of war vessels, fighter planes, missiles and other sophisticated Warcraft being commissioned into Indian military. Also, humongous deals were struck with countries like Russia, US, South Korea and Israel for acquiring state of the art weapons. These are commonplace under many Indian governments, but India under Modi also saw some rare incidents like the visit of Israeli defence minister. Israel extended its support to Modi’s Make in India initiative and offered defence technology towards the project. South Korea accepted to transfer its minesweeper technology to India. Much awaited one rank one pension scheme is expected to roll out soon.
[tii_spoiler title=”Progress “]
- The production plan for LCH has been made from 2017-18 onwards subject to firm order from IAF for limited series production.
- One rank one pension scheme accepted by modi govt.
- Project for 6 new stealth submarines for indian navy.
- 8 indigenous mine sweepers deal with south korea: 2 will be purchased from south korea, 6 to be manufactured in india after transfer of technology.
- Deal cut out with Russia for Ka-226 Light utility helicopters, Artillery guns
- Nuclear submarines: India clears $8 billion warship project to counter china’s navy
- Approved the construction of Seven new stealth Frigates under Project 17A.
- INS Kolkata largest warship ever to be built in India.
- LCA for indian navy tested successfully
- INS Sumitra commissioned.
- INS sindhukriti undocked after refit
- Astra DRDO’s air to air missile
- INS Vikramaditya: after a gap of two decades India is operating two aircraft carriers in its maritime zone with arrival of INS vikramaditya. It is to be fitted with CIWS which detects and destroys enemy aircraft and missiles that may hit the warship.
- Nirbhay: long range subsonic cruise missile
- India ready to spend $25bn on Russian 5G fighter jets
- Indo-US Cooperation in Defence Production: Hagel’s visit to India
- India-Israel likely to sign $ 2 bn defence deal
- Israel offers cutting-edge defence technology for ‘Make in India’ initiative:
- Make in India: Israeli defence minister Moshe Ya’alon meets PM Narendra Modi, promises technological support
- India Russia expects to sign fifth-generation fighter aircraft r-d-contract this year.
- The integration of sensor fuzed weapon on iafs jaguar is in final-stages :textron-industries