Chhattisgarh is being seen as a place for opportunities for entrepreneurs to start their own businesses. In a bid to have transparency and public-oriented administration, ‘Ease of Doing Business’ culture is being promoted. The New Industrial Policy 2014-2019 has been implemented in the state with the agenda of having industrial growth. The rate of industrial growth has been approximately 6.07 due to successful implementation of the third Industrial Policy (2009-14).
- On priority basis, promote areas in relation to manufacture under MAKE IN INDIA initiative to implement the MAKE IN CHHATTISGARH plan in accordance with the MAKE IN NDIA initiative.
- To bring the State equivalent with the industrially developed States of the country by 2024 by taking the benefits of positive environment created for overall and rapid industrialization in the State
- To increase the per capita income and GDP by making capital investment of SEZs (Special Economic Zones)
- To ensure balanced industrial growth by providing more economic incentives for industrial development to the backward industrial blocks
- To establish pollution free and skill based industries like IT, Bio-Technology, Agriculture and Food Processing, Minor Forest Produce, Herbal and Forest medicine processing, Automobile, Pharmaceutical, Electronic and Electrical Consumer Products.
- To provide more economic benefits to the weaker sections of society such as SC/ST, Differently abled, Ex-servicemen and Naxalism affected families and Women Entrepreneurs to bring them in the main stream of Industrial Development.
- To increase quality of life
- To increase the storage capacity for the agriculture products especially in rural areas
- Main priority has been given on Ease of Doing Business in the state through a number of actions like- Reducing and simplifying the number of application forms and other required documents as much as possible, Simplification of the process of issuing permit, approval, acceptance etc., Official procedures to be completed in time-bound manner, Online portal for every work, self-certification in place of verification system.
- “State PMG” portal is developed to resolve problems faced during establishment of industrial and infrastructure projects.
- Establishing fully equipped industrial area with Chhattisgarh State Industrial Development Corporation being the nodal agency
- Establishing New Land Allotment rule to allot land in industrial areas and outside of industrial areas (land Bank) as well as powers for land Allotment is to be decentralized both at the state and District level.
- An effective marketing assistance is to be given to SMEs
- Chhattisgarh Consultancy Organization is to be formed to develop entrepreneurial skills among youth via entrepreneurship development programme. Also, entrepreneurs of the State will be sent for entrepreneurship related training to the prestigious “Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Ahmedabad” and other reputed institutions.
- To simplify the procedures of Industrial Investment/Development, departmental officers are to be nominated as “Udyog Mitra’ who are going to provide full support and guidance in securing the benefits of the schemes of industrial investment from the initial stage of setting up the business till actual establishment and thereafter. ₹10 crore is being given under this scheme.
- Single Window Clearance System is going to be created both at the state as well as at the central level.
- Necessary initiatives are going to be taken to reform labor laws.
- Clusters have been identified for industries of rice, poha, pulses, wire drawing, rerolling mills, stone cutting and polishing, Kosa silk, handicrafts, engineering products, small forest produce based industries etc. in the state. Chief Minister Micro and Medium Cluster Development Scheme is to be introduced to promote congregational development, in which 10 % subsidy is given by the state govt. to the clusters sanctioned by the central for their development, maximum limit which is ₹50 lakhs per cluster.
For more information on this policy click HERE.