- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari today announced that the state will get roads worth Rs 50,000 crore and the work will be started this year itself.
- The Union Minister also said that a water-port will be constructed along the Ganga in Patna to connect it with Kolkata via water way by next year. He added that small planes that could land on water would also be brought.
- Once this water-port is ready, trains will not be necessary for going to Kolkata from here (Patna). People can easily travel on the Ganga to reach there.
Driving Training Centres
- The Union Minister also said that his Ministry will open “Driving Training Centres” in all assembly constituencies across the country, including Bihar.
- People will learn driving at these centres. The test of their driving skill will not be taken by DTO but by computers. They will have to take the test again if they fail,” he said.
- Gadkari said the Driving Training Centres will cut down issue of bogus licenses where people get them without even visiting the District Transport Officers (DTO) .