- Prime Minister Narendra Modi thundered in an address to a crowd of 18,500 Indian-Americans at the SAP Center in San Jose, which is the hub of Silicon Valley that the 21st century is India’s century and attributed the sudden change in India’s fortune to the commitment, strength and pledge of the 125 crore people of the country.
- Modi said that in the past 16 months, world’s perception about India has changed dramatically. The world is looking at India with a new vision and aspiration.
- In just 15 months, India has scaled new height, has attained economic stability. Almost all rating agency have said in one voice that India is the fastest growing economy in large countries.
- Prime Minister Modi said that no one ever thought that brain drain can become brain gain, this is actually brain deposit.
- On his ambitious Digital India programme, Modi said his mission is JAM – Jan Dhan financial inclusion program, Aadhar unique identity card and Mobile Governance.
- In just 100 days, 18 crores new bank accounts have opened, which deposited Rs 32,000 crores in the bank. There is new movement in India to provide unique identification to every citizens of India.
- All these have resulted in reduction in corruption, saving hundreds and thousands of crores to the country’s exchequer.
- PM discussed about the issue of terrorism in India. He said India has been suffering from terrorism for 40 years. All human forces should come together against terrorism. There is need for an unity against terrorism. Only then there can be peace in the world.