- The government will soon start work on the Rs 10,000-crore Zojila pass tunnel in Jammu & Kashmir to provide all-weather connectivity to people in the Leh-Ladakh region.
- Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11,578-ft on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway which remains closed during winters due to heavy snowfall.
- Government will provide all weather connectivity to different parts of the state.
- Zojila pass, after construction, will become the longest road tunnel in South East Asia.
- On completion of the entire project, the distance between Jammu and Kashmir regions will be reduced by about 90 km.