In an attempt to enhance the participation of Women Scientists in Biotechnology Research, the Department of Biotechnology launched a Biotechnology Career Advancement and Re-orientation Programme (Bio-CARe) for women Scientists.
- The programme is mainly for Career Development of employed/ unemployed women Scientists for whom it is the first extramural research grant.
- The purpose is to build capacities for women Scientists employed fulltime in Universities and small research laboratories or unemployed women Scientists’ after a career break so as to help them undertake independent R&D projects.
- D/M. Tech /Ph. D/Equivalent degree in any branch of Life Sciences.
- Women Scientists who are employed or unemployed or are desirous of coming back after a break.
- Women Scientists for whom it is the first grant. (Women Scientist who have already availed any grant as a Principal Investigator from any Government Funding Agency including WOS -Women Scientists Scheme (A&B) and Fast Track Scheme of DST are not eligible to apply).
- Women Scientists upto 55 years of age.
- The scheme is open for all areas of Life Science / biology (including agriculture, veterinary science and medicine).
- There is a Research Grant Opportunity (RGO), under which a 3-5 year research grant is provided.
- women Scientists who are unemployed will be provided a monthly emoluments ranging from Rs. 50,000/- to 60,000/- p.m.
- The employed women Scientists in addition to salary will get an amount of Rs.10,000/- p.m as an incentive.
- A research grant of Upto Rs. 50.00 lakhs is provided.
How to Apply:
- The eligible applicants should submit the project proposal online through epromis (http://dbtepromis.gov.in) as and when the program is advertised at DBT website (www.dbtindia.gov.in)
For More info: Click Here
To Download our App: Click Here