- Bhadra, a quaint little town at a three-hour driving distance from the historic city of Bikaner, now has a place in the history books by becoming the first city in India to be completely covered by Wi-Fi.
- Bhadra is the first of 12 towns in the state that Sistema Shyam TeleServices plans to transform into completely Wi-Fi zones.
- To transform the entire township into a Wi-Fi hot spot, Sistema Shyam, the Indian unit of Russia’s Sistema JSFC, has put up a multitude of access points with emphasis on public places.
- It has also developed a local area network solution to extend Wi-Fi connectivity inside homes.
- The service has led to an all-round increase in trade, right from buying items online through various e-commerce websites to even trading of shares.