For capturing the fair share of domestic and international tourists and taking a lead in sustainable development over the next five years, Department of Tourism under West Bengal Govt. has brought up the new edition of State Tourism Policy.
- To improve the market share of West Bengal in the inbound international tourism segment and also to have a dominant share in the domestic tourism market.
- To promote responsible and sustainable tourism through the integrated development of the infrastructure and not scattered, stand alone and fragmented development.
- To develop a portfolio of tourism products by utilizing its unique ecological, historical, cultural, religious, wildlife, sports, shopping, health care, educational and human assets.
- To proactively develop partnership with the governmental and non-governmental agencies including the private sector to take advantage of complementary capital and intellectual assets to promote tourism.
- To facilitate tourism by all segments, particularly the middle and lower income tourists, by making the tourist spots in the State.
Period Of Operation:
The policy will be in effect from the 3rd February 2016 in the whole state of West Bengal and remain valid for the period ending on 31st March 2021.
- Units applying for incentive shouldn’t have applied or taken the benefit of similar incentives under any other policy/scheme of the State Government.
- Following tourism projects/units and also to expansion projects of existing units set up on or after the effective date of this policy can apply for the incentives.
- Hotels of star categories
- Hotels graded by State Government
- Heritage Hotels, Resorts, Health Farms and Health & Wellness spa
- Wayside and public amenities at tourist sites
- Theme based Entertainment centre, Amusement Park, Aquarium, Aqua Park
- Art and Craft Villages, Craft and souvenir shops at tourist sites excluding manufacturing, development of souvenirs and artisan bubs
- Golf Courses
- Camping, Caravan, Tents and other temporary accommodation facilities developed for tourism purposes
- Aerial Ropeways
- Convention Centers
- Adventure Tourism Projects
- Cruise Boats, Houseboats
- Eco-Tourism Projects
- Wildlife Safari
- Capital Investment Subsidy up to 25% depending upon the area in which unit is located subject to a limit of Rs. 175 Lakh, will be provided for an approved project of an eligible unit.
- Interest Subsidy up to 75% annually depending upon the area in which unit is located subject to a limit of Rs. 30 Lakh will be provided 7 years.
- Up to 100% waiver of electricity on the electricity consumption in approved project for 5 years.
- Employment generation subsidy up to 60% of expenditure incurred on Employees State Insurance (ESI) and Employees Provident Fund (EPF) 5 years depending upon location of the unit (10 years for Special Area)
- An eligible unit, which has been qualified for bringing in more than 50 International Tourists or 100 Domestic Inbound Tourists in a financial year supported by payment of Service Tax, shall be entitled to an additional incentive for purchase of tents/dingy/adventure & sports equipments/related accessories by way of reimbursement up to 100% VATdepending upon the area.
- Stamp Duty and Registration Fee Subsidy up to 70% depending upon the enterprise category.
- Standard quality compliance @ 50% of cost up to a maximum of Rs. 7.5 lakh for obtaining certification / accreditation like ISO/BIS/ISI.
- All new Tourism Units shall be given 100% relief on paying Luxury Tax for a period of 3 years from the year of commencing operations if located in ‘Special Areas’ on reimbursement basis.
For More Info: Click Here