Running water fish culture is generally undertaken in earthen ponds size of 100 m3 (10m x 10m x 1m) water in high altitude of Darjeeling and Jalpaiguri. The fishes suitable for running water culture are trout, mahseer, common carp, silver carp and grass carp. It is an intensive culture system and involves high stocking density and requires high protein feeds, so in this view West Bengal Govt. is providing subsidy under National Fisheries Development Board.
- Clear title of the land in the name of the applicant
- If the land is on lease, lease deed for a minimum period of 7 years
- Those who are trained/ willing to be trained
- Should not be defaulter with any financial institution/Government
- Assurance/ willingness to revolve the sale proceeds for subsequent operations.
- Bank’s consent to provide loan towards the non-subsidy portion of the investment (or) Declaration of the farmer/entrepreneur for investing on his/her own.
- The Unit cost for construction of running water fish culture unit size of 100 m3 water with inlet and outlet facilities has been estimated as Rs.0.45 Lakh/unit.
- Farmers/entrepreneurs who availed bank loan or who have invested on their own shall be provided subsidy @20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.9,000/unit for all farmers, except SC/ST farmers for whom the subsidy shall be @25% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.11,250/unit.
- First year inputs:
- The cost of one time first-year inputs for running water fish culture unit size of 100 m3 water has been estimated as Rs. 0.15 Lakhs/unit.
- Subsidy @20% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.3,000/unit for all farmers, except SC/ST farmers for whom the subsidy @25% of the unit cost with a ceiling of Rs.3,750/unit shall be provided to those who have availed NFDB subsidy for construction of the units.
For More Info: Click Here