In the fisheries sector, retail fish marketing has provided vast employment opportunities especially for fisherwomen. However, owing to lack of financial support and managerial skills, the retail fish marketing by fisherwomen is still in traditional fashion, without any modernization. West Bengal Govt. under NFDB will provide subsidy to augment the income of fisherwomen, and to provide hygienic fish to consumers.
Fisherwomen who are involved in fish marketing and fisherwomen, who are from fishermen community and members of local fishermen or fisherwomen co-operative societies, are eligible to avail the benefits of the scheme.
Items Eligible For Assistance:
- Vending stalls with requisite equipments
- Insulated fish boxes
- Deep freezer for storage
- Display arrangement
- Transport facility
- Electronic weighing balance
- Equipment for fish dressing and packaging
- Utensils for value addition, stove and cooking gas
- Civil works inside the outlets
Type of assistance:
The NFDB will provide a subsidy of 40% on the project cost:
- For those entrepreneurs who avail bank loan for setting up of fish retail outlets, subsidy will be released through bank on completion of the units and after inspection by the NFDB officials.
- In the case of those entrepreneurs who invest their capital on their own, subsidy will be released and credited into their bank accounts after completion of entire unit and after inspection of the units by the NFDB officials or NFDB authorized officials.
For More Info: Click Here