There are multiple welfare schemes which are being implemented in state by Social Welfare Department. The schemes focus on the development of Scheduled Tribes in state. The schemes and their features are enlisted below:
- Government Ashram Based Schools:
Ashram Based Schools in following places:
|Haripur Kalsi Dehradun||Boys||6-10||175|
|Binson Chakrata Dehradun||Boys||1-5||175|
|Gothi Hal Baluakot Pithoragarh||Girls||1-10||310|
- Government Scheduled Tribe Hostels:
For educational development of Scheduled Tribe students, at present 4 hostels are being operated in state. The hostels have capacity of 50 students which provide free accommodation and food facilities to the students. Currently the hostels are in Gopeshwar Chamoli, Dharchula Pithoragadh, Kashipur Udhamsinghnagar and Khatima Udhamsinghnagar.
- Operating ITI Institutions:
For employment of educated unemployed, 3 ITI centres are operated which enhance the skills of youth of Scheduled Tribe People. The institution provides various trainings in professions of Welder, Electrician, Diesel Mechanic etc. Apart from this free accommodation and food is provided to the students of these institutions. There are two institutes in Udhamsinghnagar and 1 in Dehradun. The total combined capacity of these institutions is 380.
- Coaching for Competitive Exams in Coaching Centres:
To provide better employment chances, various coaching institutes provide coaching. Government ties up with them for free coaching. Also financial assistance is provided during coaching. Rs. 750 to Local Residents and Rs. 1500 to Non Local Residents every month.
- Medical and Marriage Assistance to Daughters of Scheduled Tribes:
- Scheduled Tribe Families who have annual less than Rs. 15,000 or which lie below the poverty line are given one-time financial assistance of Rs. 50,000 for marriage of two daughters in family. This scheme is also valid for the daughters of widows of BPL Families.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 10,000 for medicinal purpose, is provided to those, whose family income is below Rs. 15,000.
For More Info: Click Here