- If you have lost a child or want to report a missing one, there is help at hand.
- The government for the first time plans to launch a web portal that can be accessed by a common man to upload visuals and details of missing children and help track them.
- The website khoyapaya.gov.in will act as an enabling platform for citizens to report missing children or those found as well as sightings.
- The ministry also hopes that it will be linked with social media like twitter for a multiplier effect.
- The ministry would like to include public announcements through newspaper inserts, slots on television channels and local cable operators and monetary awards to supplement the tracking process.
- The minister is likely to raise these issues with union home minister Rajnath Singh soon.