- While Vijayawada has some catching up to do, its plans, in collaboration with BSNL and its wireless solutions partner Quadgen, are going on apace.
- For connectivity at its next two locations, the railway station and Mahatma Gandhi Road, base stations are being readied for launch in about a month.
- Vijayawada Municipal Commissioner G. Veerapandian said leading telecom service provider Jionet has completed a survey of the thoroughfare.
- In Vijayawada, an increasing number of private establishments have taken the civic authorises’ lead and are providing free services to citizens.
- A few star hotels have got on board in the last four months, although charging for the service.
- “We are offering a 512 kbps capacity round-the-clock Wi-Fi service but if customers want high speed connectivity, they have to pay extra,”said The Gateway Hotel sales manager Md. Shabul Hussain.