- Volvo plans to use India for exporting its buses manufactured in the country to developed markets in Europe.
- The company’s Asia Leverage strategy aims to utilise its manufacturing presence in India and China to cater to demands also from other global markets.
- Going forward we will leverage the skills and strengths in India to meet the European market requirements.
- Volvo Buses’ plans coincide with central government’s efforts to promote manufacturing through the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- This is a welcome step that will encourage companies to use local competence and expertise to cater to both domestic and export markets.