- Cleaning up and beautifying India’s spiritual capital was one of Modi’s biggest electoral promises to the people of Varanasi. A year later, it doesn’t appear to be an empty one.
- There may be some delay in work but transformation of Varanasi looks inevitable,’ says Praveen Kumar, an employee of Banaras Mercantile Bank.
Inspiring work by two young girls
- Nagaland native Temsutula and Darshika, a local, both in their 20’s – during a boat ride on February 12 saw the filth on Prabhu ghat and decided to take up the task of cleaning it.
- ‘We made our effort to clean Prabhu Ghat with more than 20 team members. The ghat has now been cleaned in nearly a months time. We need to have bio-toilets or floating toilets so that poor people living on or near these ghats may not use it for open defecation or urination,’ the young women told PTI.
- Expressing happiness at PM’s praise, the girls said, ‘The PM’s praise to ordinary people like us will encourage many youths to take up such tasks for nation building,’
Work In Progress#2
Modi at Assi Ghat#3
After Work Done#4
In a bid to help ‘mango man’ or the common people to talk about their ...