- To place Uttarakhand in tourism map of the world as a leading tourist destination.
- To develop employment as a major source of employment and revenue generation.
- To develop the tourism related resources in a eco-friendly manner.
Salient Features of Policy:
- Development of Infrastructure of the state by mobilizing institutional resources and private sector investment and participation. This includes development of:
- Rail and Air Services
- Road Transport.
- Accommodation facility for tourists.
- Modern Telecommunication Facilities.
- Hygienic Conditions and Clean Drinking Water.
- Land and Buildings for Development of Infrastructure Facilities.
- Private Sector Participation in the tourism industry is of vital importance. Development of accommodation facilities like tourist resorts, specialised food restaurants, amusement parks and facilities etc.
- Schemes for Self-Employment which will offer assistance of 20% for projects.
- Establishment of Package/Tour-Travel Agencies for boosting tourist traffic with tourism products, attractive package tours.
- Human Resource Development by High Level Training Programs in Hotel Management and Catering institutes.
- Publicity and Tourism Marketing by campaigns, conferences and seminars.
- Encouragement to the Pilgrimage Tourism by providing facilities like accommodation and integrated packages.
- Various Other Tourisms Like: Cultural Tourism, Nature & Eco Tourism, Amusement Tourism, Leisure Tourism will be targeted individually.
- Encouraging Adventure Sports like Trekking, Water Sports, Aero Sports, Development of Winter Sports etc.
- Development of Handicrafts and Souvenirs Bazaars for welfare of craftsmen and to showcase and market locally produced art and handicrafts.
For More Info: Click Here