The Government of Uttar Pradesh is equally committed to promote the deployment of rooftop solar photovoltaic plants. The potential benefits are reducing dependence on fossil fuel based generation, optimal utilisation of spaces on rooftops and wasteland around the buildings etc. The key features of the policy are enlisted below:
- To contribute to solar capacity and energy security.
- To optimally utilize the available solar energy resource in the State.
- To encourage development and promotion of solar energy generation
- Contributing to sustainable development
- To enable stakeholders in reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- To attract private sector participation in solar energy sector
- To build favourable environment for setting up grid connected rooftop solar photovoltaic
- power plants
- To contribute investments in manufacturing, research & development in solar energy sector
- To enhance skills and create employment opportunities
- To contribute to productive utilization of available sites
- To spread environmental awareness amongst the general public of Uttar Pradesh
This Policy is valid till 31st of March, 2017.
Any person, any company or Body corporate or Association or Body of individuals shall be eligible to set up rooftop solar photovoltaic power plant. Provided that such plants are set up for the purpose of captive use/self-consumption of electricity
State Nodal Agency Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency shall facilitate in availing Government of India subsidy, if available for implementation of such plants, to both Public and Private Institutions / organisations.
Nodal Agency: Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency
For More Info: Click Here