Power is the engine of growth of economy. Consumption of electrical energy is a universally accepted indicator of progress in the agricultural, industrial and commercial sectors, as also of the well-being of the people of the state. No major or economic activity can be sustained without adequate and reliable supply of power. It plays a critical role in employment generation, regional development and poverty eradication. The key features of these policy are enlisted below:
- Access to electricity to all households in next five years.
- Supply of Reliable and Quality of Power of specified standards in efficient manner and at reasonable rates.
- Per capita availability of electricity to be increased to over 1000 units by 2017.
- Protection of consumer interests.
- Encouraging augmentation of environmental friendly generating capacity.
- Sourcing reliable bulk powers from sources both within and outside state
- Encouraging developers to enter into MOU for generation and supply of power to the state.
- Optimisation of generation of existing parts by putting up additional units through renovation of modernization or by changing configuration of machines in case of plants under commissioning or by allowing alternative fuel for seasonal generating units particularly those based on biogas.
- To improve transmission efficiencies, reliability and quality of supply and reducing losses.
- To Encourage efficient use of energy in the users and facilitate conservation measures.
- To support the UP electricity regulatory commission to obtain a rationalised tariff frame work with efficient distribution of subsidies.
- Electrification of all villages and households of state.
Features of Policy for the Developers:
- Fuel for the project will have to be arranged by the developer on his own.
- Government will have the right to buy 50% of the saleable energy produced by the project.
- Land requirements identified by the developer shall be facilitated by the state government. However, the land cost will be borne by the developer.
- State Government will facilitate the needed water linkages and will assist in obtaining clearances from central government.
- State Government will assist in grants of permissions, approvals, NOCs, recommendations etc.
- Developer will be responsible for the clearances for any approvals regarding Foreign Direct Investment.
- Primary Responsibility of development of the project shall be of developer.
Renewable Energy/ Green Energy Options:
- Biomass Projects by utilising agriculture residues and animal waste.
- Mini, Micro and Small Hydropower Projects (Up to 25 MW)
- Solar Energy based power projects.
- Energy projects based on municipal sewage, solid waste and industrial waste.
For More Info: Click Here