- Together with partners like India, the USA is trying to strike a balance in engaging with China and persuading it from carrying out any coercive activities in the region.
- The role of the United States is to ensure that all are pursuing a process of engagement with China that leads to constructive relationships and economic cooperation.
- U.S is not trying to contain China the way they tried to contain Soviet Union.
- And U.S welcomes China’s peaceful rise.
- China’s activities in East China Sea, Indian Ocean and land reclamation in South China Sea has increased the demand for US engagement in the region.