In order to create employment opportunities to socially and economically backward sections of the society, Tamil Nadu government gave form to Unemployed Youth Employment Generation programme.
The basic objective of the scheme is to provide a self-employment opportunity to educated unemployed youth in their naïve place and to stop trek from rural areas in search of livelihood.
Under this scheme educated and unemployed youth can opt to become self employed by setting up manufacturing/ Service/ Business enterprises by availing loan facilities and subsidies provided by the government.
- Any Individual, who is above 18 years
- Family income, including spouse earning , should not exceed one lakh fifty thousand(1,50,000/-) per annum
- This scheme is only applicable for manufacturing/ Service/ Business operations excluding direct agriculture.
** This scheme is applicable in all rural and urban areas of the state
- Beneficiary of the scheme should contribute certain amount towards investment ( 10% of total cost of project in case of General category and 5% of total cost of project for weaker section)
- Maximum loan amount of 5.00 lakhs for Manufacturing sector, 3.00 lakhs for Service sector and 1.00 lakh for business sector can be availed
- 15% of subsidy can also be availed on project cost
Who will implement
The commissionerate of and Industries and Commerce is the Nodal Agency at state level and District Industries centers and regional Industries and Commerce offices will implement the scheme
UYEGP targets 5000, 3000, and 2000 beneficiaries for manufacturing/ Service/ Business sectors respectively.
- Beneficiary should submit their application along with project file either online or at respective District Industrial Centers along with copy of certificates.
- Beneficiary will be interviewed by District Task Force Committee headed General Manager of that respective District Industrial Centers
- Selected beneficiaries will receive 7 days of training from Entrepreneur development Institute of Tamil Nadu
Application can be downloaded from http://dictiruppur.com/uyegp.html
For detail guidelines click here http://dictiruppur.com/uyegp/guidelines.pdf