Swayam Saksham Scheme
The Other Backward Classes (OBC) comprise about almost half of India’s total population and is permitted to 27% of job reservation by Government of India but have been at times subjected to exclusion. In a bid to instill confidence and self-employment, the Swayam Saksham Scheme has been implemented by the Government of India for professionally educated unemployed youth belonging to Backward Classes in the country to help them understand their self-worth.
A broad list of Professions that come under this scheme:
Doctor, Engineer (Software/Hardware/Automobile),Chartered Accountant, Hotel Management, Geriatric Home Care, Publicity & Advertisement, Culture and Tourism Development, Advocate, Architect, Security Guard Agency, Coaching Centers for Competitive Examinations, Printing/Press/Graphics/DTP, Maintenance of Building etc.
- Should belong to backward classes
- Should have professional education/training
- Annual family income should be below double the poverty line (BPL annual income is Rs 27,000)
- Age criteria- Should be between 18 and 35 years
- The loan is provided at the rate of 5% per annum
- Maximum Rs 5 lakh of loan can be availed
|Who is providing||How Much|
|National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC)||90%|
|State Channelizing Agency
Duration of repayment:
Maximum 10 years duration is given for repayment.
How to avail the benefit?
Eligible candidates can apply on the given form to District Office of SCA where the candidate resides.
For more information CLICK HERE