In order to uplift students from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in India and to provide them better opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges, the University Grant Commission (UGC) provides Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates.
The basic objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST students to help them pursue postgraduate degrees in Professional courses from UGC recognized Indian Universities/Institutions/Colleges.
|Scholarship||· ₹ 7,800/- per month (ME/M.Tech)
· ₹ 4,700/- per month for other courses
|Contingency A||· ₹ 15,000/- per annum (ME/M.Tech)
· ₹ 10,000/- per annum for other courses
Duration of the Scholarship:
The duration of the scholarship is usually 2 to 3 years depending on the period of the postgraduate studies.
- Must be graduate in a relevant subject
- Must have obtained admission at a Postgraduate course in a UGC recognized university/college/institution
- Age criteria– For male candidates the maximum age is 45 years and for female candidates it is 50 years.
- Candidates pursuing postgraduate course by correspondence or Distance Education medium are not eligible for this scholarship
How to avail?
Application for 2015 is over. Visit UGC Website to get information on applying for 2016