Name of the scheme: UGC Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women Candidates
Purpose: Main purpose of the fellowship is to help unemployed women candidates pursue advanced studies in the field of research, science, engineering and technology, humanities and social sciences in Indian universities and colleges recognized by the government under Section 2 (f) and section 12(B)of the UGC Act 1956.
- Women who have a doctorate degree but are not employed.
- Age criteria-Candidates must be not more than 55 years of age as on July 1 of the year of application. In case of SC, ST, OBC, and differently-abled, the age limit is 60 years.
- Applicants in the general category must have a minimum score of 55% at the UG level and 60% at the PG level.
- However, for SC, ST, OBC, and differently-abled candidates, the minimum requirement is 50% at the UG level and 55% at the PG level.
Quantum of assistance:
- A total of 100 seats are available under the post doctorate fellowship.
|Fellowship for fresh candidates||Rs.38,800 per month|
|Fellowship for experienced researchers||Rs.46,500 per month
|Fellowship for others||Rs.18,000 per month (for first 2 years)
Rs.20,000 from the third year
|Contingency Allowance||Rs.50,000 for five years
|Departmental assistance||10% of the Post Doctoral Fellowship to the host institution|
|Escort/Reader assistance||Rs.2,000 for physically and visually-challenged candidates|
Duration of the fellowship: 5 years
How to apply?
Visit UGC website to apply
Source: India Education