- Two Indian institutes have for the first time made it to the top 200 list of the world’s best universities.
- The Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, has taken the top spot among its Indian counterparts, bagging the 147th rank.
- The only other Indian institute to make it to the top 200 is Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, ranked 179th this year. It has made great progress from last year when it was ranked 235th in the world.
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is the world’s top university, closely followed by Harvard.
- The University of Cambridge is tied to Stanford University for the third place. London is the only city in the world with four universities in the top 50, more than Boston and New York (3) Paris, Sydney, Hong Kong and Beijing (2), with the London School of Economics and Political Science making the top 40 for the first time.